The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), which is the country’s main telecom regulator, only yesterday introduced a temporary mobile registration scheme for Pakistanis living abroad and international customers. Because of the new arrangement, these persons will be able to use their mobile phones for a period of 120 days without having to pay the PTA tax.
During a ceremony that took place at the PM’s house, the new system was presented to the public by the honorable Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif. The aforementioned time period will begin counting down from the date when the foreign individual arrives in Pakistan. Now that you’ve arrived in Pakistan, let’s look at how overseas residents and other foreigners can register themselves for temporary mobile registration with the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA).
How to Register for the PTA Temporary Mobile Registration System?
- First, you will have to visit dirbs.pta.gov.pk/drs.
- Afterward, you will have to make an account by clicking on the sign-up option as shown in the given image.
- In the next step, you will have to select purpose and then enter the user type, as evident in the image.
- Now, enter your personal details along with the password and click on submit.
- Subsequently, an email or SMS will be sent to you which will contain the verification link. As you click on the link, your account will be activated.
Simply go back to the dirbs.pta.gov.pk/drs website and enter your login information. After that, as shown in the image to the right, a declaration form will appear, in which you will be required to indicate that you are in agreement with the Terms and Conditions. After that, you will need to select the option labeled “Temporary Registration for Overseas Pakistanis and Foreign Nationals.”
Now, input your CNIC, the number of your passport, the day you entered the country, as well as the date you will leave the country. After that, input the quantity of SIM cards that you intend to use together with the name of the mobile network provider. Once more, click the undertaking, and then click the submit button. After that, a one-time password (OTP) with six digits will be produced, and you will be required to input that OTP into the OTP bar at the bottom.
After the validity of your details has been established, your cell phone will be registered.
Important Facts to Keep in Mind:
1) People who already have a DRS (device registration system) account will have to connect directly and perform the same processes indicated above in order to register their mobile phones for 120 days without having to pay a PTA fee. This exemption from the tax is only available to people who currently have a DRS account.
2) After a person’s mobile phone and SIM card have been associated with the temporary mobile registration system, the individual’s mobile phone will immediately be able to work with the system whenever they travel to Pakistan.